Looking for something specific?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Productivity... A good thing

The past few weeks were very busy and very productive. I, of course, have been hard at work planning my wedding! Only 234 days away!

I also made a couple of cakes...

I've really wanted to try that ruffle pattern that's trending right now. I think the sides turned out rather well, but the top was a bit runny. I think maybe it was the heat in the kitchen.

This was a custom cake design that I did for my sister years ago, made of all her favorite things. Chocolate cake, fudge icing on top, cheesecake filling, buttercream icing with chopped Hershey bars mixed in, and chocolate chip cookies. Someone saw this on my facebook and wanted the same cake! Weird, huh?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not really much of a cook. Actually, I never cook. Cody normally does all the cooking for us. But Pinterest has inspired me beyond belief! I've found so many easy and cheap recipes that I would actually eat! (FYI, I'm EXTREMELY picky!)

Cody loved it! And he's a definitely a tough food critic.


For dessert, I tried this Peanut Butter Banana Pie with Nutella recipe that I also found on Pinterest. It had all of Cody's favorite things: Peanut Butter, Bananas, Nutella, and Chocolate. I knew it had to be good. He was crazy over it! Actual quote: "This is best thing I have ever put in my mouth!"

It always makes me happy to do or make something that Cody loves!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We went to see a play in Centre awhile back and I really wanted to try one of those braided hairstyles that I keep seeing on Pinterest. I thought this one would be an easy start:

Click to pic the larger Pinterest version.

And here is my version...




I think it turned out rather cute! Cody said I kinda had an Amish look going on.
Amish? Really!? Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment