Looking for something specific?

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Let the Games BEGIN!

Music Man poster.....DONE. New graphic for the CharACTers website....DONE. New CharACTers brochure.....DONE! I FINALLY have time to work on this wedding! And that's a good thing, considering I now have less than 4 months! :/

Well, my first order of business has been in the works for a few weeks actually. I wanted to "officially" ask my girls to be my Bridesmaids/Maid of Honor in a very special way. So, after some Pinterest research, I came up with this idea...

I found these little boxes at the Dollar Tree. I was happy to find plain, white favor boxes that didn't have those ugly, tacky 'wedding' symbols on them. 

Favor Boxes - Dollar Tree 12 for $1

I wanted to personalize the favor boxes with a lil' flair but also keep with my 'Rustic Elegance' theme (see the **Side Note below). This past Christmas, Santa brought me a new Martha Stewart Heat Tool. This thing is amazing!! My world of crafting has completely changed. So I thought, why not emboss? 

Martha Stewart Heat Tool - Michael's Craft Store. Embossing Pen - Hobby Lobby.

I bought an embossing pen and wrote the first name initial of each girl on the box. Sprinkled my magic gold embossing powder and TA DA! Embossed initials for each girl! I was so proud of these and very happy with the results.


I found a really cute Pinterest tutorial for twine flowers. Unfortunately, the tutorial didn't work out so well for me. So, I did what I normally do. I improvised! After about 20 mins of messing around with the twine and hot glue, I finally came up with these cute little twine flowers :)


I wanted to give the girls something edible, but not messy, and something that they would all like. I decided brownies were the way to go :) I cut the brownies so that they would fit nicely into the favor boxes.

Next were the Ring Pops! I thought it would be a cute take on the whole "proposal" thing. In this case, I'm "proposing" to my girls, asking them to be my Bridesmaids/Maid of Honor. I thought a Ring Pop would be appropriate. 


The final thing that I wanted to do was include a special note that would do the 'asking' for me. I found a really cute and sweet poem online and then designed the note. *Just a note: I've saved a ton of money so far designing all of my own stuff. I'm doing everything from these letters, to my Save The Dates (pics coming soon), to my invitations, to anything that has to be printed for the wedding itself. I'm pretty good at Illustrator, so why wouldn't I design everything myself?* These are the finished products....


And then came the assembly. I placed the brownies inside the box and stuck the ring pop into the brownie so that it would stand up as if it was in a ring box.


I then rolled up the poems and attached them, along with the twine flowers, to the little handle with extra twine. Bridesmaid Boxes complete!




My girls loved them! Some of them even cried after they read the poem. I was very excited to make these little gems and it only makes me even more excited about crafting the rest of the wedding! 


**Side Note**It's amazing to me how my wedding theme has evolved since Cody and I began thinking about getting married. Almost five years ago, when we decided that we were each other's soul mate, I started planning a "Fairy Tale" wedding. I was going to have castles, crystals, fairy dust, Cinderella's carriage, the whole nine yards. It was beginning to look more like a 5 year old's Birthday Party instead of a wedding. And then I realized my hopes and dreams for a Fall wedding wouldn't be very practical for a Fairy Tale wedding. Especially, when you think of the color schemes I was looking at. Pink and Silver? Not a good choice for warm, earthy tones that are normally sought after in the Fall. Atleast, it wouldn't work for me anyway. I then wanted a hot pink and bright orange scheme for my Fall wedding. But alas, I decided that those colors were a great choice for a Summer wedding, but not Fall. Next, I kind of went overboard with a straight up Fall theme. Pumpkins were going to be everywhere you turned! Then I took a step back and realized it looked too Halloween. And then I discovered "Rustic Elegance." Although most of my ideas have come from the wonders of Pinterest, I did come across a few Rustic weddings before even hearing about that joyous website. And here we are. My final and BEST decision. Rustic Elegance! Yes, I'm fully aware that the whole world is doing this theme too right now. It's the current "in-style." But I honestly think that this theme suits both Cody and I to a T! If you don't agree, just wait until the pictures come out. ;)***

No comments:

Post a Comment