Looking for something specific?

Friday, January 27, 2012

Usicals! < pronounced like "musicals" but without the "M"

Usicals? What is that? Glad you asked. "Usicals" is my new word for things I find to be useful in day to day life. As mentioned above, it is pronounced like "musicals" but without the "M."  Where did this word come from? I have no idea, haha. I just started saying it one day and it stuck! It comes from "use" + "icals."  The "icals" part came from my little friend Annie. She and her friends add "icals" at the end of every word (it's a teenager thing). I guess it sort of rubbed off on me.

Curtain bags - First item to be inducted into the "Usicals" category.
Ok, you know those plastic bags that curtains and tablecloths come in? Most people just throw them away, but have you ever considered their usefulness? A few years ago while packing for a trip, I discovered just exactly how useful they really are.


I used our old curtain bags to pack away shampoo, conditioner, bath wash, and other 'bath' items for our trip. They kept my liquids from spilling out over my clothes.


And if you get one with the little pockets on the sides (where the item photo would have been), you can store smaller items. I usually keep medicine, tweezers, and stuff like that here.

So the next time you purchase curtains, tablecloths, or even shower curtains, don't discard that bag. Make it a Usical.

No comments:

Post a Comment